
I have been really busy experimenting with my images - I had them all ready to print, but i have now redone them all using some of the techniques Les Walkling showed us at a conference I recently went to. If you ever get the chance you should go to one of his workshops - a very inspiring (and knowledgeable) man.
He has been working with Bill Henson developing profiles and printing processes the will replicate the true tones of traditional fibre base printing - but using digital print technology - apparently they have just cracked it for Bills yet to be released work (it took them 3 years) I will post some of the things we covered during the AIPP NQ conference.
One thing he taught us is how to make portrait images 'pop' creating a three dimensional look - success will obviously depend on the image. It is so easy - Filter-Unsharp mask-Amount (enter 25) - Radius (enter 25) - Threshold (0) give it a go!
I wanted to create an 'aged' but contemporary feel to the images. Above are some examples of my workings - before, in progress and after.


No comments:
Post a Comment