Sunday, November 9, 2008

Memories - My final folio

Almost 15 years ago when I first met my husband Tim, having both been married before, one thing he said was 'lets make new memories together'. Everyone has memories - with new ones being created everyday. I believe becoming a photographer has allowed me to opportunity to capture some of these memories, not only for my family but through 'Sage Photography' other peoples families. "Pieces of life that will live on forever."

I believe there is an essence in each and everyone (including animals) that tells us about that person - who they are/were. Photography has come such a long way, with better technology such as faster shutter speeds we can really capture the 'real' person.

My folio provides an insight into memories, ones that weren't captured ones that will disappear once I am gone. Photography plays such an important part in our history. I don't believe you can really capture someones essence with a point and shoot. After three years of hard work and effort, I believe I know how to capture someones true personality.

My research highlighted that there is still a demand for professional portrait photographers - even with the introduction of easy to use digital cameras. Professional photographer stated that their clients are looking for 'superior quality' photos, not like their family snapshots printed at retail photo booths.

So, I am using the following poem and my folio to highlight how important it is to capture our treasured moments...before they become lost memories.

No comments: