Saturday, November 8, 2008

Image Display - Light Boxes


The way I display my images must project the feel and emotions created by the images themselves. I have been looking at a number of way to do this. One concept I have explored it the use of light boxes. With the help of Artworks in Fyshwick, we got in a sample light box. I chose to try it using my 'pool' image. The image was printed on transparent paper then installed into the light box. The electric light box is A3 with a silver frame - you can also get ones generated by batteries.

While light boxes are great ideas, it didn't work for this image. All the black were too light and the image losts its emotion. I was actually glad it didn't work, as the boxes are very expensive (around $250-300 per box). However, there are cheaper ones on the market.

No comments: