Saturday, November 8, 2008

Exhibition Display - How, What and Where

When shooting my images for my exhibition I sort of had an idea on how I would like to display them. I want to paint my boxes black as I am looking to achieve a slightly haunting feeling - like you are going into the depths of your mind. I also have a poem which will be used to 'introduce' my folio, while not giving away the meaning of each image. It is really important that the viewer interpreters the image in their own way - hopefully taking them back to some of their childhood memories.
Below are two examples of display - one black and one white. I think the white looses the emotion of the exhibition.


Each image, and the poem will be spot lit.
SIZE OF IMAGES
I am printing my images 16" x 24". There is a reason for this size...16"x24" is a similar size to a torso - this size is still 'personal' and welcoming, however I feel any bigger than this they become intimidating and impersonal- you even have to move back to view them. I am happy these will create the correct space between the image and the viewer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I agree, the black really does look much better than the white.